Fri, Sep 24|
Come and compost your grief with us at Wapato Island Farm
When & Where
Sep 24, 2021, 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Wapato Farm, 15115 NW Gillihan Rd, Portland, OR 97231, USA
When we compost we turn the soil and mix the remains with the new, the stagnant with the fresh. We invite you to do this with your grief, to integrate, express, connect with your grief and the land.
Whether your grief calls you to sit by the fire, be surrounded by song, share your story, sit or lay in silence, moan and move with the land, you will be welcome to do it.
We will have a loose plan for the evening and you are welcome to move through it in whatever way suits you:
Some togetherness around 7pm
- Firepit circle as we connect with the land
- Singing from the Portland Threshold Singers
- Whispered Wishes
- Plant Healing
Some individual or small group time in a shared space around 8pm
- Tell the Lady in the Lake--share your grief, tears, screams with her
- Moaning Cove--move and moan with your grief
- Sound Bath--be surrounded by presence singing
- Give your Grief--to a person, in a message, or to the earth
- Lay on the Land--spread a blanket and listen to the land and ambient noises around while feeling the earth beneath you
Some togetherness around 9pm
- Grief Spill--share whatever needs to be shared with the group
- Firepit circle as we thank the land
You are welcome to bring your own food and drink and a blanket or chair. We hope you can join us at Wapato Island Farms to compost your grief in whatever way your grief needs expression and turning.
With so much love,
Sascha & Laura
ps. Given the state of our world and a desire to keep you safe, we will be requiring either proof of vaccination or a negative covid test (within the last 48 hours). This can be shared with us electronically ahead of the event or as you arrive. Thank you for your understanding and support.
pps. As always, our events are free, however if you would like to contribute to the Grief House to support our work, you can do so via our website or check/cash at the event. Suggested donation range is $25-$35.