Sat, Jan 21|
Portland Grief House
Winter Tenderness Gathering
We will be offering many ways to hold our grief. Let's tend our hearts, together.
When & Where
Jan 21, 2023, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM PST
Portland Grief House, 7906 N Fessenden St, Portland, OR 97203, USA
We hope you can join us for a day of intentional tending and acknowledgement of our individual and communal grief. At this gathering we will have large and small group offerings as well as one on one offerings for gentle tending.
Grief is a normal part of living that comes with all loss — including but not limited to death. In the midst of so many global and national traumas, including pandemic, communal grief is rampant. We hope this gathering will be an opportunity for people to take stock of pain they're carrying without judgement or fear of it being the wrong kind or wrong amount, call out for help, and feel what it's like when people call back. We're excited to offer a place to gather generously in the presence of grief, see how strong and beautiful we are when we show our suffering and feel empowered to live a bit more genuinely, more of the time.
What to expect at this gathering:
We will gather together at The Grief House and settle in for our day of tenderness at 10am. We'll start the day together with greetings, gratitude and sound. You'll then be invited to branch off and engage with some of the self guided activities throughout the house or participate in small guided offerings including:
- Sound healing
- Writing for grief
- Physical tending/grounding of ourselves and others
- Song baths
- Grief Spill
- Restorative yoga
Offerings will conclude by 3:30pm and you will be invited to join us for a full house hum as our day of tenderness draws to a close.
- A water bottle
- Tea cup
- Slippers (should you want that coziness on this day)
- Warm and comfortable layers
- If you have a knitting/crocheting/similar project you would like to bring to work on by the fire, you are invited to do so
- Any snacks you might want throughout the day (we will have some snacks, water and tea as well)
1. This is sliding a scale, ticketed event. We are committed to making all our gatherings accessible to everyone while making sure we can continue to hold these events going forward.
2. If you need help making this affordable for you and your family, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Space is limited to 15 guests and registration will close once we reach that number of attendees. If registration has closed and you would like to be put on the cancellation list, please email us at email@example.com.
$60 Pay-it-Forward Ticket
This Pay-it-forward ticket is a few dollars above the cost of the event. The extra dollars go towards making our reduced ticket prices possible, as well as future free and low-cost events & classes.$60.00+$1.50 service fee
$40 Ticket - Actual Cost
This general ticket price is the actual cost of the event and is suggested for folks who have the ability to pay at this level.$40.00+$1.00 service fee
$20 Ticket - Reduced Cost
This reduced ticket is for folks who want to attend this event and are able to meet their basic needs but have limited expendable income.$20.00+$0.50 service fee