Sun, Jan 23|
Portland Grief House
Grief House Story Revolution
It's colder now, and wet here. Let's gather and review, have feelings and think. Let's read stories and talk about ideas. October Story Revolution Book - Wilding, by Isabella Tree
When & Where
Jan 23, 2022, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM PST
Portland Grief House, 7906 N Fessenden St, Portland, OR 97203, USA
One lovely things about humans is - we tell each other stories.
It's a fundamental, difinative feature of our species. And exceptional - like peacocks' tail feathers or skunks' glorious stripe. No other animal does this like we do.
This remarkable adaptation can nourish us; it can keep us safe and let us know each other and our world better, deeper and more expansively. Like any powerful thing, it can go terribly wrong; we can tell each other stories that drive wedges and feed fear, or beautifully right; we can tell each other stories that open fear into deep knowing and complex joy, unwind danger into awe and understanding and wonder.
We'd like to spend these colder months coming together to share stories that feed us and make us strong. Let's use stories to grow brave and devoted - to each other and the world. Let's use stories to heal ourselves and each other and walk out with our healing wherever we go.
Here's our idea for how:
• Each month we'll choose a book that interacts with with the Grief House theme in some way.
• Once we have our story group all signed up and sorted, we'll schedule a short zoom meeting so everyone can see each other's faces and say hello.
• We'll have an option to share contact information with each other, to talk in smaller groups through out the moth by text or on walks or in whatever ways work out for you.
• Sascha, Emi or Laura will post to Instagram about the book weekly - your comments there will be so welcomed!
• We'll meet all together once at the end of the month - virtually or physically depending on which group you sign up for - to talk about the book and how it shifted what we know about ourselves and the world, drink tea and eat snacks.
So simple. We hope you'll join us!
We'll choose a book that interacts with the Grief House theme (did you know we have monthly
October - fear
November - ambiguous loss
December - comfort
January - time