Tue, Sep 12|
The Portland Grief House
Yoga For Complicated Introverts with Laura
1. We'll do a round of how are you really. 2. We'll read something out loud. 3. We'll practice physical yoga for 1 hour: I'l hold 20 poses for 3 minutes each. You can do 20 poses with me, or 20 or 4 or 300 poses on your own. 4. We'll do a second round of how are you really. 5. We'll hum together.
When & Where
Sep 12, 2023, 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM
The Portland Grief House, 7906 N Fessenden St, Portland, OR 97203, USA
1. We'll do a round of how are you really.
2. We'll read someting out loud.
3. We'll practice physical yoga for an hour. I will hold 20 poses for 3 minutes each. You can do 20 poses with me, or 20 or 4 or 300 poses on your own. You can lie on the floor and weep or rock in a ball. You can bring a book and read or listen to music (with headphones) or tap your foread or dance slowly. Whatever your yoga practice wants is what you should do.
4. We'll do a second round of how are you really
5. We'll hum together for 1 minute.
What We Won't Do:
Talk. Except for when we're sharing, reading and humming, this will be a quiet practice.
By Griever We Mean:
Someone you love died • Someone you love left • Someone you love didn’t show up • Love showed up, but it’s not what you hoped it would be • Love showed up and it was what you hoped it would be, but then it changed • You lost your job • Your best friend moved • Your dog is old • Love showed up as a dog, then love showed up as a human who is allergic to your dog • Love showed up as running (or dancing or skiing or hiking or sleeping in a tent or doing needlepoint or carrying babies), but your body isn’t up for it • Your body doesn’t understand the world it lives in • The world misunderstands your body •Your body hates a thing you love • Your body loves a thing you hate • Your mother hates a thing you love • You love too many things and think you have to choose • You want to practice being many things at once • You want to practice being integrated
You like yoga.
Donations Only - give what you can.
I'm looking forward to practicing with you!
Yoga for GriefPay what you want+Service fee