Sat, Dec 16|
The Portland Grief House
Reiki I and II for Grievers, Healers, and Liberation Workers with JoJo Donovan
A two-day politicized Reiki training offering practical tools for personal and collective care. Anyone with dreams for a liberated future is welcome. Note: This event is a two-day retreat from 9 am - 6:30 pm on December 16th and 17th
When & Where
Dec 16, 2023, 9:00 AM – Dec 17, 2023, 6:00 PM
The Portland Grief House, 7906 N Fessenden St, Portland, OR 97203, USA
Offered by Jojo Donovan of Seven Stones Tarot, this intensive Reiki training will offer practical and energetic tools to support you and your community in navigating the grief and intensity of the current global moment. Held with a politicized lens and a commitment to collective care, it will explore both the possibilities and the limits of Reiki as a contribution to liberation movements.
The two-day class - Saturday 12/16 & Sunday 12/17, 9AM-6PM - will include the first two levels of Reiki attunement. Anyone who loves the living world and cares about our future within it is invited to join. There will be space for open discussion and sharing grief in addition to the practical elements of the training.
You will leave with:
- The ability to channel Reiki for self-treatment
- The ability to share Reiki with others, both in person and across distance
- Practical skills for offering energy work and guidance around practitioner ethics
- Grounding in the history of Reiki (including the political forces that caused its spread to the West)
- Questions to hold regarding appropriation, whitewashing, orientalism, and spiritual bypass in relation to Reiki practice -- and guidance in holding them with integrity
- Support formulating a vision of "healing" that rejects ableism, fatphobia, supremacy, and avoidance of mortality
- Ideas for using Reiki to empower, rather than bypass, the practical action needed for collective healing and liberation.
Please bring lunch and any other supports your body could use for comfort and nourishment.
Reach out to Jojo at firstname.lastname@example.org with any specific questions and requests around accessibility.
Tiered sliding scale:
- Low rate: $300 - Choose this if meeting basic expenses month-to-month is a struggle, *or* if you’re exhausted with the impacts of white supremacist/transphobic/colonial nonsense and want to call in a little extra community support.
- True cost: $495 - Choose this if you can afford costs of living and are generally getting by okay, considering the state of the world.
- Sustainer rate: $650 - Choose this if you have access to generational wealth, *or* if you feel called to chip in to help keep my offerings accessible.
Reach out to Jojo at email@example.com if paying the low rate would prevent you from meeting your survival needs. The goal is to turn no one away.
Learn More about Jojo HERE
Yoga for GriefFrom $300.00 to $650.00
- $300.00+$7.50 service fee
- $495.00+$12.38 service fee
- $650.00+$16.25 service fee