Mon, Aug 07|
Form: A 4 Week Online Writing Workshop for Grievers
Powerful moments and memories can be all consuming. Offering them form can make it possible to glimpse aspects of our stories we've never seen before. Sessions are the four Mondays in August from 5pm-6:30pm pacific. Join Sascha and Laura online to explore the shapes your memories might make.
When & Where
Aug 07, 2023, 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Powerful moments and memories can be all consuming. Sometimes it's hard to see their shape and hear the messages they're trying to tell through the brightness of the feelings they evoke. In these moments it can be helpful to set limits on the unknowable vastness, even seemingly arbitrary ones, to give it edges. Offering them form can make it possible to glimpse aspects of our stories we've never seen before.
This could be a good fit for you if:
1. You have a moment (or more than one moment) you keep coming back to, a moment that won't integrate or settle, that feels active and fussy - like it needs your attention but can't tell you why.
2. This moment wants to come play in forms with you. Maybe it would like to try on different outfits, go on small, structured outings. Maybe you could get to know each other better.
We'll offer our slippery, un-formed, memories 4 structures through which to show bits of themselves: Haiku, Dialogue, Interview, and fairy tale.
In each meeting we will:
1. Read the writing we worked on between gatherings.
2. Write down a word or phrase from each person's reading that strikes deeply.
3. Share the words that resonated.
4. Learn about the upcoming structure we'll be offering our memory.
5. Spend a few minutes free writing.
6. Read our writing aloud to the group.
7. Write down a word or phrase from each person's reading that strikes deeply.
Between gatherings we'll use the structure we learned about and the phrases that struck us to give our memory boundaries within which it might rage more freely.
We will also spend time grounding and connecting throughout this workshop series as we build and hold space with each other. There may be opportunities to meet up in person between gatherings to do parallel play style, side-by-side writing without comment or feedback.
We're excited to see all the different shapes you make and that we make together!
Suggested ticket price $80 -$120. All proceeds go to support community lead metabolism of grief.
Form - Writing Workshop
Suggested Donation - $80 - $100Pay what you want+Service fee